1. The Club shall be called the “Larne Camera Club” and membership shall be open to all interested in photography over the age of 18 years. Minors shall be allowed to join but will require a parent or guardian at all meetings.
2. The Club’s aims shall be to promote the art and craft of photography; to provide a meeting place for members and to provide technical advice and help to members where practical; and to make enjoyment of photography accessible to the community as a whole.
3. Membership shall be open to all who share the club’s aims.
4. An Annual General Meeting shall be called at the end of each Club season. The annual subscription shall be agreed and approved at the AGM. This subscription shall be payable in September at the third meeting each season.
5. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee, of up to eleven members, comprising the Officers and other Committee members. 6. The Officers shall consist of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. The other Committee members shall include Programme Secretary and Child Protection Officer.
7. All Officers and other Committee members are to be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting. All uncontested Offices will result in automatic election. During the Club season the four Officers may co-opt new Committee members, who are then eligible for election at the following AGM or EGM.
8. The Committee is empowered to call an Extraordinary General Meeting. Such a meeting may also be convened on a requisition signed by 25% of the ordinary paid- up membership, stating the reason and delivered to the Secretary. The Secretary shall give all members, stating the reason, 14 days’ notice of the holding of such a meeting.
9. At the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting, all Club members who are subject to election must be proposed and seconded. All other motions must also be proposed and seconded. All changes to the Club Rules shall have to be carried by at least a two-thirds majority of the paid-up membership present at the meeting. All elections and other motions shall have to be carried by a majority of the paid-up membership present at the meeting.
10. At Committee Meetings, four shall form a quorum including at least two Officers. At Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings at least one quarter of the paid-up membership shall be the necessary minimum to form a quorum.
11. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all Committee and General Meetings and conduct the Club’s correspondence. The Treasurer shall collect subscriptions and monies owing, and make payments in connection with the Club’s activities. At the close of each Club season a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and inspected by another person appointed by the Committee.
12. The Committee is empowered to suspend or expel from membership such members whose conduct is or has been in the opinion of the Committee prejudicial or detrimental to the Club’s best interest. Such powers are not to be exercised until the individual concerned has been informed of the reason in writing and given the right to respond to the committee. Such response must be lodged with the Secretary within 14 days of being informed. The individual concerned will then have an opportunity to appear before the Committee to give an explanation and has the right to call witnesses. Within 14 days of such an appeal the decision of the Committee shall be conveyed in writing to the individual. If the committee’s original decision stands, the member has the right of appeal to an Extraordinary General Meeting of the club.
13. The Club may enter and hold competitions and exhibitions as deemed fit by the Committee.
14. The Club may be wound up only by an Extraordinary General Meeting at which three quarters of members present vote in favour of such action; this number must be greater than one half of the membership. If winding up is agreed the Committee shall appoint a Liquidator to dispose of the Club's assets. The Liquidator shall attempt to maximize the sales proceeds of the Club's physical assets. After meeting all recognized liabilities he shall donate any remaining assets to a body or bodies with aims similar to those of the Club.
15. No alteration or addition to the Club Constitution shall be made except at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting called in accordance with clause 9. Any proposed changes to these Rules, other than those proposed by the Committee, should be notified to the Secretary in writing giving 14 days’ notice.